We believe social justice ministry…
- is first and foremost a work of faith
- must be anchored in prayer, the Scriptures and Church teaching
- is an expression of who we are and what we believe
- is the work of every believer
- is an essential integrated part of parish life
- contains two dimensions: charity and justice
insists that we are one family; it calls us to overcome barriers of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, economic status and nationality.
Excerpts from the Communities of Salt and Light…Reflections on the Social Mission of the Parish from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.