Fr. Jeff Stephan became the Pastor of St. Sabina on June 12, 2012. Prior to coming here, Fr. Jeff was the Pastor of St. Joseph in Easton and St. Ann in Plattsburg. He has brought to our parish the ministry of mission even before Pope Francis started to preach of mission. St. Sabina currently sponsors 11 university students in the towns of Cinquera and San Isidro, both in El Salvador, we help with religious education and support the vacation bible school mission in Anapra, Mexico. Fr. Jeff graduated from Conception Seminary College in 1995 and received an MDIV degree at Mundelein Seminary in 2001. During the summers while at Mundelein, Fr. Jeff studied Spanish in Guadalajara Mexico. He was ordained on May 26, 2021. If you need to set an appointment to meet with Fr. Jeff, please contact Kris Larkey at 816-979-3151.
Bridget’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the New Theatre Restaurant shows for our Over 55 group
- Updating our census program with new members
- Updating the website, and social media
- Editing our parish bulletin
- Translating communications as needed
Bridget has been a parishioner at St. Sabina her whole life, with the exception of 4 years. From 2009-2013 she lived in Southern Mexico where she learned Spanish. She began working here in July 2013.
You can reach Bridget at 816-979-3159.
Kris’ responsibilities include:
- Assisting our Parish Staff with HR needs
- Coordinating baptisms, weddings, marriage preparation, Quinceañeras, and funerals
- Assisting with Hispanic Ministry, Stewardship, Finance Council, and Pastoral Care
- She is an annulment advocate
- Working with our parish groups to assist them in planning activities and events
- Coordinating our efforts in our relationship with Cinquera and San Isidro in El Salvador to sponsor scholarships for students
- Sacramental records
- Space reservations for classes, meetings, parties, etc.
Kris became a parishioner of St. Sabina in 1974. She left the area in 1976 and returned in 1981. Kris volunteered as the Hispanic choir director from 2001-2006. She has worked in the office since March of 2006.
You can reach Kris at 816-979-3151 or email@example.com
Biagio’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinating our Adult Faith Formation program
- Teaching many of our formation classes including RCIA (in English) and Living Stones
- Coordinating the annual Ecumenical Service
Biagio has worked for St. Sabina since May 2006. Biagio studied at Fordham University where he received his Master’s in Religious Studies. He did postgraduate work in Theology and Scripture at Maryknoll School of Theology.
You can reach Biagio at 816-979-3153.
Susan’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the people and items that have to do with prayer and worship for the parish
- Formation and Scheduling of volunteer liturgical ministers like Eucharistic ministers, Hospitality Ministers, lectors, altar servers, sacristans
- Coordinating music and musicians for parish liturgies (weekend Masses, weddings, funerals, Bilingual liturgies, & other special liturgies)
- Directing the 10:30 choir, cantor program, and hand chime choir
- Coordinating music for weddings and funerals
- Maintain sacristy items & those who care for them (Altar linens, candles, plants, etc.)
Susan became a member of St. Sabina parish in 1991 and worked here as director of music and liturgy from 1993 to 2005. She returned to St. Sabina in August of 2014. She holds a Bachelor’s of Music Education from UMKC and a Master of Arts in Music from UCM.
You can reach Susan at 816-979-3158.
Kirstie’s responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the Parish School of Religion (PSR) and Vacation Bible School, as well as Youth Ministry
- Coordinating community service opportunities for youth including Christmas in October, Harvesters and Project Uplift
- She is also our Safe Environment Coordinator
Kirstie has worked for St. Sabina since 1998. She is daughter of parishioners Jim and Nancy Ruffini. Kirstie studied at Avila University where she earned her degrees in English and Secondary Education.
You can reach Kirstie at 816-979-3155.
Jeff’s responsibilities include:
- Handling the day-to-day accounting duties
- Making and recording deposits
- Tracking and paying invoices
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Preparing the annual budget
- Meeting with the Finance Council quarterly
- Recording parishioner contributions
- Preparing annual contribution statements
Jeff is son of parishioners John and Kathy Shields, and has been a parishioner at St. Sabina since as long as he can remember. He has worked for St. Sabina since December 2013 but has volunteered in Youth Ministry since 2007. Jeff graduated from UMKC with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
You can reach Jeff at 816-979-3152.
Berenice’s responsibilities include:
- Working with ministry leaders, helping them with their ministry needs
- Working with the Hispanic committee to plan special events (Guadalupe, Tres Reyes, Las Posadas, Annual Fundraiser, other celebrations that fit the needs of the parish and Hispanic community.
- Scheduling liturgical training, in Spanish, annually after Easter
- Working with the training team to implement trainings in Spanish for:
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Eucharistic Ministers to the Sick and Homebound
- Altar Servers
- Quinceañera Workshop
Berenice is from Honduras. She became a member of St. Sabina Parish in 2008 and works here in Family Life and Hispanic Ministry. She holds a Marketing Degree from a Honduras University. You can reach Berenice at 816-979-3150.